Sunday, September 6, 2009

Farewell Michaela Watkins!

So apparently Michaela Watkins was fired from Saturday Night Live (click the link... AFTER you read my ramblings! Yeesh.). I mean, granted, she's no Kristen Wiig but that's a pretty big standard K-Wiig's set and we can't ask the other female cast members to live up to that! Out of the four female cast members, Wiig and Abby Elliott will return and Watkins and Casey Wilson have their Saturday night dance card wide open.
Yep, Casey Wilson too. I know, surprising! She's been popping up all over the place. I saw her in an episode of Human Giant, in Julie & Julia, and apparently she co-wrote Bride Wars. Oh. I see. Maybe that's why she was fired. Her bad!

Anyway, all I know is I think Watkins had potential and I am gonna miss her Hoda Kotb in those sketches with her and Kristen Wiig as Kathie Lee Gifford. Oh! Also those bits she did as Angie Tempura, the geeky, iced coffee-drinking computer nerd who is the creator of the snarky website "Bitch Pleeze". Yes, it's the character from the video I use as my official "blogger not here at the moment" sign. It will always have a home here...

No comments:

Post a Comment