Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Would Walk 500 Miles

Life is complicated, am I right classmates? Teachers always be telling you to quiet down and do your work... Whatevs, old person! Us boys just wanna act aggressively and them girls just wanna have fun. Pokemon! Lisa Frank stickers!

Back on point. Life is complicated. Especially when it comes to the whole human interaction and relating thing. No? For me it is. I never know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to these matters. I think I operate on a different wavelength than normal people do because I don't really do things that people usually do. I don't understand things people seem to understand. I can't read signals and signs and all that and I'm oblivious to all those things. I'm better at other stuff, I swear. I just need a little help when it comes to these things, because history has shown that I don't seem to handle them very well all by myself.

When I get into that spot where I can feel relaxed enough to be myself and humorous and all that mess, I can do fairly well for myself. The problem is, I don't seem to stay in that spot for very long. I'll get tripped up on something, stick my foot in my mouth or fall into a misunderstanding-pit or whatever and next thing I know I'm back to not knowing how to handle myself or what to say. Most times I'll panic and say something even more stupid. If I'm lucky I'll just shut up, but I've never been good at being quiet. Even when I was a kid, I'd get in trouble just for talking. Talking! Oh, it's such a crime...

So over time I think maybe I'll learn from my mistakes and get better. The only thing is, I really haven't gotten any better. I'm still the same awkward weirdo that I've always been. I guess the key is to find people who appreciate awkward weirdos, and understand that I operate differently than most people do. Maybe. Then again, maybe not. Just gonna have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment